In 1408 the Chapel of Our Lady of The Crag was excavated as a wayside shrine by John the Mason traditionally in thanksgiving for his young son being miraculously saved from a falling rock. Permission for the shrine was granted by king Henry IV.
This tiny Catholic chapel measures only 12 feet by 8 feet. Its entrance is protected by a Knight Templar and services are still held at this shrine of Our Lady. Restricted opening times.